A senior usability, IxD practioner with almost 15 years of experience. Practice includes design research (both qualitative and quantitative), content strategy, and product strategy and management. Cross industry experience, including pharmaceuticals, financial services, retail, non-profit and telecommunications.
The Urban Legend of Corporate Intranets, Beyond the Mythology: the real factors at play in building an effective corporate Intranet., frog design mind, issue 08
When 91 Years of Content Goes Digital : GSUSA Casestudy American Society of Information Science
R/GA, New York, New York, Associate Creative Director, 2011 to current
For a major telecommunications firm as a client, lead a team of five to eight Interaction Designers across three major streams of work: acquisition, existing customer and small business. Internal responsibilities include team allocations, cross discipline initiatives, pitches and strategic planning.
Middle Dot, Principle, 2009 to 2010
- R/GA - Evolve the Verizon Small Business site to increase sales conversions
- Sway Space - Create wire frames and interactive specification for a JP Morgan Chase business to business anti fraud tool
- Fjord - Create a data visualization tool for a Nokia extranet that invites developers to see the sales trends for an application in the Ovi store.
- Lindblad Expeditions - Craft a travel document workflow and travel center for a process traditionally managed by customer service.
- Safelight Security Advisors - Create a prototype for a section of online corporate training, introducing new script, illustration, user interface and voice-over. Field test the prototype and provide recommendations for roll-out of new approach to the range of courseware.
- Hey Neighbor! - Realized the business idea into wire frames and path flows, including options that can support slightly different revenue models.
frog design, New York, NY, Principal Designer, Interaction Design, August 2006 to February 2010
As team lead, developed strategic and conceptual approaches to design challenges while managing the tactical execution of deliverables and programs for Fortune 50 companies.
GE intranet overview
GE corporate site overview
Qualcomm BrewMP Developer Site
Solutions Inc., New York, NY, Associate Director, 2004 to June 2006
Managed largest account and team, with oversight of ten sub-projects and one major redeployment for an application development firm with offices in New York and New Delhi.
Girl Scouts of the U.S.A, New York, NY, Information Architect, 2002 to 2004
Designed an intranet that changed internal communications and directed supporting activities such as workflow, re-organization and training for the National offices of non-profit dedicated to supporting girls.
GSUSA Case Study
Self Employed, New York, NY, Consultant/Subcontractor, 2000 to 2002
- PwC Consulting (subcontractor to Organic), 2002
Under pressing IPO deadline, created a modular site structure, navigation schema and robust site search, including taxonomy and thesaurus, while collaborating with teams across diverse geography.
- Working Today, 2001
Increased sales of health insurance to freelancers by introducing usability methodology and designing high impact, low cost changes to the organization’s web site while delivering the project under budget.
- Langton Cherubino Group, 2001
Shift this traditional brand agency to one that can take on interactive as well as print work.
Arc: eConsultancy, New York, NY, Director of Information Architecture, July 1999 to October 2000
Boutique interactive agency specializing in information architecture, project management and strategy.
Citibank , functional specification
Lands End, Dodgeville, WI, Usability Lead, 1998
Retailer of clothes, luggage and linens sold online and through catalogs.
Designed and developed prototype of check-out processes after educating executives on how usability flaws equate to bad customer service.
Provided training sessions for design and editorial teams on how web best-practices differ from print
Taunton Press, Newtown, CT, New Products, Art Assistant, 1995 to 1997
Multimedia publisher for the passionate layperson of gardening, cooking, homebuilding and woodworking.
Conducted market research, concept development and prototyping.
Interactive Telecommunications Program, New York University
B.A. Social Science, Honor Student, Western Connecticut State University
honors thesis – Libel Law in Two Former Colonies: the U.S. and Australia compared